Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

clairermarsh
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop, multiple slicer drill down

Hi 

In my report I have two slicers;

A: Age Groups (Five years i.e. 15-19, 20-24 etc.)

B: The States/Territories of Australia (NSW, Vic etc.)

These slicers control the rest of the report visuals what I would like to do is to be able to click on of my ages groups and then retain this selection while I click on a particular State/Territory.

For example if I just want to see 15-19 year olds in NSW I  click on age Group 15-19 from slicer A and then NSW from slicer B. I'd also like to be able to do that in reverse as well (click on a State/Territory and then an Age Group).

Is this possible?  

Any help greatly appreciated.

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and No.

First the No:  You can only have 1 active filter from a non-slicer visual (Pie Chart, Graph etc).

Now the Yes:  If you make use of a Slicer Visual, you can have as many of those together as you need.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and No.

First the No:  You can only have 1 active filter from a non-slicer visual (Pie Chart, Graph etc).

Now the Yes:  If you make use of a Slicer Visual, you can have as many of those together as you need.

Thanks, two slicers it is 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.