Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NazeerShaik
Employee
Employee

Power BI Desktop is providing a work around to bypass the suppression logic

Hello,

I am facing a weird issue with PBI Desktop that has a live connection to AAS tabular model. The model has star schema. All the measures in the fact table have suppression logic so we don't show data from the dimensions when the measures do not meet the threshold. When I build a table visual with a few columns from 2-3 dimensions, it used to be a cartesian product resulting in data that's not identifiable. The most recent update to PBI desktop I am guessing has changed the way relationships work. Now the same table visual is showing the data that's identifiable even though the result does not meet the suppression logic. It works like a charm the moment I include a measure in the visual. Unfortunately, without a measure, it's providing a pathway to identifiable responses defeating the whole purpose of suppression logic. Is anyone aware of why this is happening? Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @NazeerShaik  ,

It’s not very clear. What do you mean by suppression logic? Can you give me an example and explain it in detail?

can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.