Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PKoffler
Regular Visitor

Power BI Desktop integration with Dynamics 2016 On-Prem

Hello everyone!

I have been trying, without success, to connect our Dynamics CRM 2016 On-Prem to Power BI Desktop using the following

However, when I paste the Instance Web API into PowerBi, I get an error prompt preventing me from progressing.  It reads "Invalid Arguments: one or more of the input fields is in the incorrect format".

I have tried removing the extra */* from the address, pasted all available addresses listed in the Customizations/Developer Resources settings, and still haven't had success.  All returned the same error prompt.

What am I doing wrong here?  This seems like a simple process and I'm missing something...

6 REPLIES 6
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@PKoffler,

For Dynamics On-Prem data source, you need to use OData Feed when connecting to it.

Please refer to the link below to see the details.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/debajitcrm/archive/2016/03/12/in-depth-power-bi-and-dynamics-cr...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi

I tied the suggestion but got below is this due to Scenario 2 – On-Premise with IFD from https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/debajitcrm/archive/2016/03/12/in-depth-power-bi-and-dynamics-cr...

Is there any way artound this

Thanks

Parv

Hi

Please can we have an update asap

Regards

Parv

Our On-Prem deployment is IFD as well, and I receive an identical error.

Looks like no Power BI for our org.

Hi

Our client tried your suggestion but got below

Is this due to Scenario 2 – On-Premise with IFD from link 

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/debajitcrm/archive/2016/03/12/in-depth-power-bi-and-dynamics-cr...

PKoffler
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone!

I have been trying, without success, to connect our Dynamics CRM 2016 On-Prem to Power BI Desktop using the following

However, when I paste the Instance Web API into PowerBi, I get an error prompt preventing me from progressing.  It reads "Invalid Arguments: one or more of the input fields is in the incorrect format".

I have tried removing the extra */* from the address, pasted all available addresses listed in the Customizations/Developer Resources settings, and still haven't had success.  All returned the same error prompt.

What am I doing wrong here?  This seems like a simple process and I'm missing something...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.