Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tvanstraelen
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop infrastructure update missing from preview options after installing WebView2

Hello all,

I have installed the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime and after restarting PowerBI Desktop, the option "Power BI Desktop infrastructure update" in the preview features section is not visible.

So I restarted my laptop (several times) and started Power BI Desktop again, but still the option is not visible.

Any ideas on why the option is not available ?

Extra info, my Power BI installation is in Dutch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tvanstraelen ;

We have one Desktop issue (related to WebView2) this week,This issue has been submitted internally,ICM is 269223634,269038329;

The current solution: revert to Sep version. As in the machine it has installed WebView2, we just asked customer to disable the preview feature of "Power BI desktop infrastructure update" in Power BI desktop Sep version and it could work.

I will continue to pay attention to this issue,when the problem is solved, I will come back and reply again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mh-gd
Helper I
Helper I

It seems as Microsoft has updated the information in the blog post (Power BI Desktop Installer Changes & WebView2 | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI)

For e.g. for the Microsoft Store version it now says:

(...) Towards the end of the year we expect an update to the Microsoft Store version of Power BI Desktop that will enable you to turn on the infrastructure update. (...)

Also the "What to do if you cannot install WebView2" section received some new information.

FYI:

Version: 2.100.1182.0 64-bit (Dezember 2021) now brought the "Power BI Infrastructure update" to my PBI Desktop (Microsoft Store version)!

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tvanstraelen ;

We have one Desktop issue (related to WebView2) this week,This issue has been submitted internally,ICM is 269223634,269038329;

The current solution: revert to Sep version. As in the machine it has installed WebView2, we just asked customer to disable the preview feature of "Power BI desktop infrastructure update" in Power BI desktop Sep version and it could work.

I will continue to pay attention to this issue,when the problem is solved, I will come back and reply again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mh-gd
Helper I
Helper I

I have the exact same issue...Webview2 is installed but the option is not availabe in the preview section.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tvanstraelen , In which release this was under preview -Power BI Desktop infrastructure update . Is it still under preview

Or does this come in preview in Oct 2021?

Hello,

I forgot to mention that I have the PowerBI Desktop Oct 2021 version installed. The WebView2 feature was introduced in the June version, for more info https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-installer-changes-webview2/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.