Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ifarhan
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop hangs: Cannot invoke on Cef webBrowser in its current state.

Have faced this thrice in the last 3 weeks post the Aug desktop update running on Windows Server.

Although it works when terminating the process, has anyone come across this ?Power BI Desktop Server Error_Cannot Invoke cef webBrowser.png

4 REPLIES 4
zeerodriguez

hi, i am also having this issue. I've updated to the dec 2021 version and when i try to open a pbix file, this error popped up

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ifarhan,

It's hard for us to give you the root reason that cause this issue based on the limited information. I am trying to reproduce this issue in my local environment, I can use Power BI desktop on Windows Server without any issues.

Please provide us more information about you report, which datasource are you using? Which visual are you using? So that we can reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I have the same issue while loading from sharepoint site library. First I connected to excel file. Got preview in Power Query. Then ran 'Apply' command. Avaluating process started. And after a while the error message popped up. 

@v-caliao-msft: Thank you for your reply. I re-installed the setup, reloaded the files and it worked. Often the gateway service stopped during this time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.