Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kiranvuppala

Power BI Desktop error when connecting to remote MySQL instance ( “mysql_clear_password not support)

Hi,

i am trying to connect remote mysql instance from power BI getting the below exception.

“mysql_clear_password not supported by any of the available plugins

But i am able to connect to the same instance from my local with other mysql clients. All the other clients allow me to do this by setting "ENABLE_CLEARTEXT_PLUGIN" but anyone know how to enable the same from PowerBI Desktop ??

This is very urgent any help is greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Kiran

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kiranvuppala,

>>All the other clients allow me to do this by setting "ENABLE_CLEARTEXT_PLUGIN" but anyone know how to enable the same from PowerBI Desktop ??

Current power bi mysql connector not support to use plugins. Perhaps you can post your requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Sheng. Do you have any link where i can make share this requirement ?

Hi @kiranvuppala,

You can post your requirement to below link:

Power bi Ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Sure. Thanks

kiranvuppala

Hi,

i am trying to connect remote mysql instance from power BI getting the below exception.

“mysql_clear_password not supported by any of the available plugins

But i am able to connect to the same instance from my local with other mysql clients. All the other clients allow me to do this by setting "ENABLE_CLEARTEXT_PLUGIN" but anyone know how to enable the same from PowerBI Desktop ??

This is very urgent any help is greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Kiran

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.