Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

janson

Power BI Desktop does not open on Windows 11 Business

I installed Power BI Desktop on a brand new Windows 11 Business laptop. The installation went fine but when I try to open the app, it just hangs on the splash screen. Checked windows event logs but no errors. Can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
janson

I tried installing from theofficial web page. I tried installing both the 64 bit and 32 bit. Tried installing this on two different Windows 11 laptops (new ones). The main challenge is that it doesn't show any errors at all nor does it log anything in the event viewer. It just hangs on the flash screen. Any suggestions to troublesheet will be appreciated.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @janson ;

Uninstalling and manually removing the folder c:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop.

The issue may be that the uninstall was not removing the folder completely.

In addition ,we recommend you to download Power BI Desktop from the official web page instead of Microsoft Store cause that the store version would be a beta version not a public version which could cause some issues sometimes.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@janson , Uninstall, clear temp files and try again. If you access to Microsoft store install the app using that

If that does not resolve, check the issue -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.