Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power BI Desktop crashing when i change column names

I have a data model built with a number of related tables  & views.

Its been working fine, but today, when i tried to tidy up column names, it constantly crashes.

I rename a column, a cmd prompt window appears for sqldumper.exe and powerbi desktop crashes.

It is the most recent version of the product, does not need to be updated.

The event log contains the following interesting errors, in order

The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL MSSQLServerOLAPService. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the Windows error code.
Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.
The Open Procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

then 5+ of these:

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace411626218 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Would appreciate any assistance on this.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wilson_smyth,

For above problem, I would suggest you create a support ticket to analyse the dumpfile to find the root casue.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.