cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamTrexler Member

Re: Power BI Desktop canvas resolution issue

@Alex_Ooi I agree, it's messed up in the September 2019 release. It worked fine in the June 2019 release, installed using the msi file (x64, English). But using the exe installer with the July 2019 release the problem showed up.

I have used Desktop successfully on my laptop for a couple of years, with two additional monitors connected. I have each of the monitors set to the "Recommended" scaling - 125% on the laptop display, 100% on the 23-inch and 27-inch monitors - all of them 192x1080. Everything worked fine in the June 2019 release - dragging it between screens showed everything properly instantaneously, and I gained extra screen real estate on the larger monitors.

Starting with the July 2019 release, the screen is nearly unreadable on the 23-inch or 27-inch monitor at recommended scaling (100%) - text is broken and blotchy, in the panes as well as the canvas. Changing the monitor to 125% scaling (same as the main display) makes the screen readable, but now everything is large and I've lost the additional work area I rely on.

This is not good. Is there a better solution? I am going back to the June 2019 realease for now, even though I will lose some great new features like icon sets and grouping.

Highlighted
wvanardoy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am another person experiencing the same issue as I move from my laptop to my large monitor! I would love to see a resolution that allows for me to use the new features in the latest release.

Resolution Issue Example.PNG

That is an image of how poorly the the desktop app appears on my large monitor with the latest update.

SamTrexler Member

@wvanardoy  thanks for replying. That looks exactly like mine. Very unreadable.

I hope there's a solution for this, I'd like to get the newer version of Desktop.

RobertMorse Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I'm experiencing the exact same issue, where scaling isnt' working correctly on my external monitors at 1920x1200. The desktop app is unusable unless it's shown on the screen of my surface book, it is useless on my external displays because of this. Help!

Alex_Ooi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@SamTrexler Can you show me a link on how I am able to revert to June 2019 version please?

Checklist Visitor
Visitor

I'm experiencing the same problem with the latest update - PowerBi is blurry on my two extra screens when recommended display settings are used.  This needs to be resolved ASAP!

SamTrexler Member

@Alex_Ooi I still had the June 2019 version in my downloads folder. So I just uninstalled the September version and ran the msi file to install the June version.

I don't know if there's a place where you can go to get the previous version. With all of the people being affected so significantly, maybe Microsoft should post a link to a version that works properly, until they get this fixed?

carvalhiere Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

In my case this problem was happening every time that my display scale was set to a value different than 100%.

I use only my laptop screen, so I had to reduce its resolution to a size that I could keep the scale as 100% (image below).

Now it is working fine.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 449 members 4,123 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: