Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gx

Power BI Desktop - cannot see visualizations & Fields menu on start up

Hi There

I don;t know if anyone else has experienced this issue. I installed Power BI Desktop to try it out but on start up I cannot see the visualizations & field menus. It seems my laptop screen is not big enough to support desktop. I checked the minimum reqiurements and my laptop meets all the requirements. My resolution is set to 1920x1080. I tried other settings but it just makes the issue worse.

I found a workaround (disable the graphics driver(s) and reenable again) but as soon as I reboot again the settings go back to what it was previously. I have also updated the display card driver. It is an Intel Graphics 4600.

I really want to try out Power BI so any suggestions on a more permanent solution would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gx,

What's the version of Power BI Desktop do you install? The newest is version 2.36.4434.381. Please install this version to see if the issue persists. Also the minimum requirements to install Power BI Desktop needs the .NET 4.5.

If the Visualizations and Fields menus are still invisible, the issue should be related to the computer itself. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get a dedicated support.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply. I installed the latest version and .net 4.5 is installed (running Windows 8.1). I have established it has something to do with the display drivers. I will see if I can figure it out. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.