Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop Relationship View is blank

I am unable to see relationships in the relationship view - I know they are there, because when I move the cursor across, the cursor changes and right-click options are there. But the view is blank and black. 

I tried all the recommended solutions:

• Restarted the PC
  • Saved the file and reopened
  • Reinstalled Power BI
  • Made sure that I have 64 bit versions for Office applications and PowerBI
  • Choose the option "correct blurry apps" 
  • Tried the application just on my laptop, without using extended monitors / making sure the resolution between the laptop and extended monitors is the same
  • Changed the DPI scaling as mentioned in one of the posts here
  • Changed to Windows 8 compatibility as suggested in another post here

All without effect. 

Except when I change the Windows 8 compatibility, the blank relationship view is grey instead of black. 

Thank you for any thoughts you might have! 

Gabe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel! 

Thank you for following up - I didn't do anything specific, and hadn't logged into BI in a while. I just opened a file to check and it works. Thank you! 

Regards,

Gabriele 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

All I can tell you is, you are not crazy. I have seen it on my own device 4 or so times. I did have a MacBook running Bootcamp and windows. There was a windows update and this problem occurred. I rolled back windows and it worked again. 4 months later, same thing happened again. I rolled back and it didn’t fix it. Then MS told me it was an Apple problem ( I knew it wasn’t). 

Power BI has issues with video sizing, and my theory is the relationip view uses some video drivers that clash with windows. I also had issues with other apps (camtasia from memory, not sure). 

If you have windows hardware, I suggest you contact Microsoft support and see how you go. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Matt! 

your thoughts make perfect sense, as the same issue occurs on my personal laptop. Both the work and personal device are running the same windows version. 

The exact same issue happens when I try to view relationship in the Exce datamodel, alos on both laptops. 

I'll contact Microsoft and see what I can find out. 

Gabe

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please one reply as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel! 

Thank you for following up - I didn't do anything specific, and hadn't logged into BI in a while. I just opened a file to check and it works. Thank you! 

Regards,

Gabriele 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.