cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Desktop: Query Not Fully Loading

I am currently using the latest Power BI Desktop verison (July-2018) and noticed something odd.  I am importing from a table from SQL and then using the power query editor to clean my data.  Once the data is cleaned is shows about 400 records.  I then proceed to Close and Load data and then only 13 records are available in table.  When I refresh and flip back and forth between the query editor and the table in data view the number of records dont match. 

I noticed this the other day with another report and after closing desktop and refreshing data a few times it just seemed to fix itself.

Anyone else notice this?  I am concerned as my report that end users are using is not showing all records.  Strangely the report has been refreshing daily without issue.

Could this be a bug with the July version?

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted

@MikeHawryluk, thanks for link to other thread... I see MS has a presence there... will post my experiences shortly.

Highlighted

All, after installing August desktop app AND August on-premises gateway, no more issues for me.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Same for me...I just checked this morning and everything is A.O.K.

Highlighted

Looks like it is working ok now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors