Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Power BI Desktop: Query Not Fully Loading

I am currently using the latest Power BI Desktop verison (July-2018) and noticed something odd.  I am importing from a table from SQL and then using the power query editor to clean my data.  Once the data is cleaned is shows about 400 records.  I then proceed to Close and Load data and then only 13 records are available in table.  When I refresh and flip back and forth between the query editor and the table in data view the number of records dont match. 

I noticed this the other day with another report and after closing desktop and refreshing data a few times it just seemed to fix itself.

Anyone else notice this?  I am concerned as my report that end users are using is not showing all records.  Strangely the report has been refreshing daily without issue.

Could this be a bug with the July version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All, after installing August desktop app AND August on-premises gateway, no more issues for me.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.