I am currently using the latest Power BI Desktop verison (July-2018) and noticed something odd. I am importing from a table from SQL and then using the power query editor to clean my data. Once the data is cleaned is shows about 400 records. I then proceed to Close and Load data and then only 13 records are available in table. When I refresh and flip back and forth between the query editor and the table in data view the number of records dont match.
I noticed this the other day with another report and after closing desktop and refreshing data a few times it just seemed to fix itself.
Anyone else notice this? I am concerned as my report that end users are using is not showing all records. Strangely the report has been refreshing daily without issue.
I am experiencing this as well... I also have a query to load from SQL server and when refreshing from Desktop, only a few rows (from January 2016) are loaded. Went to query editor to troubleshoot, refreshed preview, and things seemed to go awry during a split column step. Refreshing preview while selecting this step loads random other dates. Weird.
Just thought to check O365 admin portal and found this... seems it's been an issue for several weeks:
Users may see missing or incomplete data when refreshing reports, viewing reports or dashboards.
Title: Incomplete or missing data User Impact: Users may see missing or incomplete data when refreshing reports, viewing reports or dashboards. More info: Customers utilizing specific connectors when refreshing datasets without using native SQL queries, pulling SQL data that does not include a SQL primary key column in the final result, and doing Append or Merge operations may experience this issue. The following is a list of connectors impacted: SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Teradata, Sybase, Informix, DB2 or Access. Current status: We've initiated the deployment of the fix to the affected environment. We anticipate the deployment process completing by the end of this week. Scope of impact: Impact is specific to a subset of users who are served through the affected infrastructure. Start time: Friday, July 13, 2018, at 10:08 PM UTC Preliminary root cause: A recent update to the Power BI services resulted in missing or incomplete data when refreshing reports, viewing reports or dashboards in some scenarios. Next update by: Friday, August 3, 2018, at 7:00 PM UTC
Any thoughts on a work-around for this issue. Like I mentioned in my post above, from Query Editor I should have around 400 transactions, but after Close & Applied I am left with only 13-14 transactions. Very strange. Not sure how to proceed at this point either.
I tried publishing a copy of my desktop file, thinking if I refreshed dataset from PBI service, all would be well, but no luck. You could try "downgrading" to an earlier desktop version. Otherwise, we may have to wait for MS to fix.
I saw the notification removal as well and was still experiencing the issue, so I submitted support ticket... spent about an hour this morning with an engineer, who was not able to resolve the issue. Sent an example pbix along with some log files and am waiting to hear back. Once again, I'll let you know if I hear of anything.