Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

m_eft

Power BI Desktop October 2017 Update Problem with Regional language on tabular model

On our Tabular Model we`ve got different Captions of Translations (English,persian is standard) - while i was using PowerBi-Dekstop there was no Problem to identify the default Language and shows the right translation on the Model.

After using the last version (oct 2017) power BI Destktop it only shows the English translation and it would not change based on windows regional setting.

Does anyone has an idea !? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @m_eft,

Please update your Power BI desktop to latest version and check if it works fine. Download the latest version from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank's for your reply. I do this but i still have the problem.

My model is multilingual and by power bi report server version , it work's fine. But with power bi desktop, everything shows in english. 

Hi @m_eft,

In Power BI Desktop, it will identify your data based on the regional setting of Power BI when you get data. While when you disply the data in report, it will disply based on windows regional settings. So when you get data, go to File > Options and settings > Options, select Regional Settings consisted with the desired language of computer system language. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank's for your Reply 

But I use Tabular Model and when you connect power BI to tabular model, this message appears and you can not change regional setting.

Did you solve it?

I'm at the same place...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.