Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

garylock
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop Not Scaling Properly on External Display

Since the April 2021 update, the Power BI Desktop app is not scaling properly on an external display.

I am using a Surface Pro 6 with an external Dell 38" display. Using Power BI Desktop on the external display, I am unable to open it full screen. When I click the full screen button, it snaps to the top left of the screen, but only takes up about 25% of the screen. If I try to drag the corner of the app to make it bigger, nothing happens.

I tried Power BI Desktop via Microsoft Store as well as downloading the exe; neither works properly.

I downloaded the March 2021 version of Power BI Desktop and it works fine.

3 REPLIES 3
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garylock,

Not sure if it is an internal problem with power bi.
Please check the resolution settings and scaling settings of the external monitor.

Please adjust the settings to see if the power bi desktop scales properly.

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The March version works fine. Starting with the April version, I have been experiencing scaling issues. I tried the May version and the problem still exists.

I've tried to override the system DPI scaling for Power BI, but that didn't help much.

Hi @garylock

Sorry for delay reply.

Is your issue solved?

You can try the latest version, it works well in my environment.

Version: 2.93.641.0

If the issue has been solved, please adopt your solution to help others.

Thanks! 😉

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.