cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peytonmcbrayer Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Power BI Desktop Logs Out Mid-Session

I updated to the latest update (Version: 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (February 2018)), and I am still having this issue.  When the issue happens for me, the app becomes unresponsive for 15 or so seconds when I hit "Publish" to deploy the model, then it prompts me to log in, then after logging in a command prompt window comes up running "SQLDumper.exe", then PBI Desktop crashes.

This is WICKED annoying, and is causing some real headaches for my team.  

Regular Visitor

Same here, even with the February update I installed yesterday.

nelsong20 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

This same thing has been happening to me - also since early January. VERY frustrating.

For me, the Service seems to log me out once per day - I have only recently been able to notice that the problem seems to occur about the same time every day.

It happens as described by peytonmcbrayer when I hit the Publish button and ,after a delay, throws the SQLDumper window, then crashes PBI Desktop.

In other instances, I can be working on a PBIX that uses a live connection to a dataset already publsihed on the Service. If I try to refresh a page in a reort, seemingly out of the blue, it will just sit there with the little circles spinning endlessly and then I realise I've been kicked out.

(Almost forgot to add ... today I have upgraded to 2.55.5010.641 - the second Feb release .... and the problem persists)

Regular Visitor

Is anyone else still experiencing this?

It seems to me to be increasing in frequency. Seems to be happening more than once per day now.

Highlighted
mrkuk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yeah i've been having this issue for a month now at least. Basically every new day if you publish a report it just logs out and crashes. At least it saves the document first so you don't loose progress but still very annoying.

Regular Visitor

It's not even lunchtime, and this issue has crashed PBI Desktop 3 times already!   MICROSOFT PLEASE FIX THIS!  It's driving your users crazy.   I'm losing confidence in this application.  So many issues lately...

aabbey Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Peton, 

Did you install the March Update yet?

This issue is supposed to be fixed in the March update, which just came out. 

I have it installed and am testing it out. No crashes yet, but I am just winding up. 

Audrey

Regular Visitor

I JUST did that this morning after I posted and went to check.   I hope it's fixed.  It's been driving me crazy.  Looks like the fixed the missing "Working on it..."  dialog as well.  Also very annoying.

Regular Visitor

This is looking good now. Hasn't happened again since installing the 2018 March update.

Thanks Microsoft!

aabbey Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same here. 

March update continues to be trouble free for me! 

That was actually pretty quick turn around on that bug stomping. Well done. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 202 members 2,466 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: