Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RohiniP-26
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Desktop Login issue

Hi All,

RohiniP26_0-1624003854694.png

This was a problem I was facing for past months. Updated Power BI Desktop to the latest version May 2021 release. Whenever I try to login into my client's Power BI account I am facing this issue. I have connectd to their datasource using a vpn. Always I will use  incognito window to log into Power BI Service. 

Really don't know the reason for this issue. I couldn't publish my report because of this sign-in issue.

Refered to previous post related to this topic but none of the solutions worked for me.

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RohiniP-26 ,

Sorry to disturb you...

But did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

@v-stephen-msft 

Changed my default browser from chrome to Internet Explorer, but still i am facing the same issue.

Hi @RohiniP-26 ,

I suggest you open a support ticket.

This is the website of create support ticket:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

How to create a support ticket in Power BI :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RohiniP-26 ,

You may check if Reset Internet Explorer settings helps.

“THE BROWSER BASED AUTHENTICATION DIALOG FAILED TO COMPLETE. REASON: THE SERVER OR PROXY WAS NOT FOU...

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RohiniP-26 , check the default browser setting. I doubt that might have changed and the new browser does not have the required setting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.