cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvapolarGen

Re: Power BI Desktop July 2016 bug

https://docs.google.com/a/evapolar.com/document/d/1lLT4MoC_phv6LXV2jOfAN2vLV9EM0hebqOOgDqSMF7Q/edit?...

Hey Charlie,

This is my log of the Crash. It occures exactly when I try to edit queries in no matter what way uploaded data: GA, Excel, CSV

Microsoft pqian
Microsoft

To folks who are running into this issue, what OS are you on, is it x64 or x86 PBI desktop, and what screen DPI (scaling factor) is involved?

Microsoft pqian
Microsoft

@lalthan Can you capture the screen when it hangs, if you can do a video of the repro that would be super helpful as well

akruzel Helper I
Helper I

I'm running on Windows 7 and 64 bit.  Could you be more specific on the DPI?  I'm not sure how to link the DPI to the fact that we can't retrieve data.  I keep hitting walls with getting One Drive installed.  Is there a person I can email my trace file to?

Microsoft pqian
Microsoft

After looking at multiple reports of this and looking at some of the traces, I believe the get data dialog is there on the screen, just not visible. This makes the app appear to be hang, but you can unblock it pressing ESC.

I don't know what causes the dialog to not visible, hence the DPI question
Ramesh
Regular Visitor

I am not able to open 20MB PBIX file after update to July release and it is giving memory error. Worst part if we are not keeping June MSI file, you can not revert to previous version. PowerBI portal always gives latest version of release.

akruzel Helper I
Helper I

@pqian  I tried ESC when the app hangs but it doesn't do anything.  

As for the DPI, are you wanting the resolution of the page in Power BI or the resolution of my screen or something different?

jgarciabu Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having the same freezing issues when clicking into Get Data. When I click on recent sources and click the source I need, it doesn't load. I then try and create a new source and it freezes when I try to open the OData option.

Microsoft pqian
Microsoft

For all folks who experiences the freezing issue at get data, can you capture a video of the repro? In the capture can you open task manager and check the CPU usage of pbidesktop.exe and Microsoft.mashup.container.*.exe.
BKnecht Helper II
Helper II

Having the same issue - when I click the "Source" button in Edit Queries, it freezes, and I have to use the task manager to get rid of it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors