cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ling0028
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI Desktop July 2016 bug

@pqianThank you! I'm unable to upgrade to IE11 as some applications I use are not yet supported. I'll wait for the fix. Thanks!

kaushik
Regular Visitor

I have a similar issue with PowerBI Desktop. I tried repair from isntallation media. Does not seem to work.

When i go to "get data"  and open SQL Server or any data source for that matter, the application freezes. 

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi all, we have released a QFE of the July update that addresses this problem. Please redownload the program and try again. Thanks!

View solution in original post

akruzel Helper I
Helper I

Good to go on my end!  Thanks!

BKnecht Helper II
Helper II

Same here - seems to be working for me after the update. Thank you!

Microsoft
Microsoft

Great! Thanks all for reporting this issue. We'll be addressing our IE10 testing strategy to ensure things major like this won't happen in the future.

Highlighted
Ramesh
Regular Visitor

Even after update I am getting the error. Please check the error info below.

Error Message:

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory available for the application. If using a 32-bit version of the product, consider upgrading to the 64-bit version or increasing the amount of memory available on the machine.
'.

Stack Trace:

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException: Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory available for the application. If using a 32-bit version of the product, consider upgrading to the 64-bit version or increasing the amount of memory available on the machine.
'.

lalthan Resolver II
Resolver II

Edit query working fine from my end after the update. Thanks

lalthan Resolver II
Resolver II

@Ramesh,  the problem seem to be related to your RAM  as PBI Desktop is memory intensive while applying the data compresssion.

Ramesh
Regular Visitor

I am not getting any error when I open the same file using June update.  If it is issue with my RAM then I should also get error when I open with June verision Right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors