Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rinu007

Power BI Desktop How to save site as template in PharePoint online?

I have added charts to SharePoint site using power BI desktop.

I wanted to add the site as template. But the chart created using Power BI will be pointed to the old site.

How do i create a site template with the chart created using power BI automatically pointing to the site created.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rinu007,

Do you want to change SharePoint online site dynamically in the Power BI report? If so, you can define data source parameter in your PBIX file, for more details, please review the following blog.

http://biinsight.com/power-bi-desktop-query-parameters-part-1/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have created a site with Chart created with power Bi it is working fine. I was trying to create a site template using this site so that i dont have to create the charts for each site. But when the site is created using site template the chart always points to the old list where i used to create the site template. 

What i need is to keep the charts pointing to the newly created sites not the list under the site used to create site template

@rinu007,

Do you have issues with creating site template in SharePoint Online? If so, please post the question in SharePoint forums to get better support.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.