Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

merryseeker
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop - GetData from dataflow but entities load empty of data

Giving dataflows a try in hopes of having a single set of data to refresh upon which I might build multiple reports.

1. Installed the Enterprise Gateway to local PC

2. Created dataflow in PowerBi service

3. Created a connection between dataflow and my local Access database successfully via the gateway

4. Imported tables from local Access database successfully to dataflow with all data intact

5. Created new desktop pbix and chose the dataflow as data source - can see the dataflow entities (my Access tables) and selected them

6. Tables load into local pbix file but are empty of data

Any idea why the data is not loading? I manually refreshed the online data, can see data there but the local desktop file still sees only empty tables.

Thanks for any  help.

Lori

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @merryseeker ,

Based on my test as the blog, I cannot reproduce your issue here. Any my Power BI desktop version is 2.68.5432.241 64-bit (April 2019). Could you please update the latest version and try again or just refresh the data in UI interface.

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I am on the March version and the download link doesn't indicate that the April version is available to me yet.

I did finally get to see the data in power bi desktop, though it is unclear to me what prompted it to finally show up. Now I am having one particular entity (from an access query) that stops the refresh with the Error: AzureBlobs failed to get the response: 'The request was aborted: The request was canceled.'. Request ID: 33a1306d-a5ea-6329-22c3-c0ff9b80e998 Activity ID: 82604217-5b1c-4713-a5d2-948bcf3c1c1b.

Can you advise on this error please?

Hi, did you get any solution for this? My connection is excel, and it also does not appear on my desktop, when I connect in the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.