Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrhodes
Regular Visitor

Power BI Desktop Edit Queries Recent Sources not showing current Datasource

I am using Power BI desktop to connect to an Azure SQL Database in Direct Query Mode.

I want to add another query to connect to another table or view in the current datasource.

When i click on Recent Sources to select the current data source so i can get a list of tables and views from the database, the current datasource is not in the list, even after clicking more.

This is preventing me from being able to add additional tables / views to the existing model.

Is there a way to refresh the list of recent sources to include the current datasource or alternatively is there a way to add additional tables or views without having to go through the list of recent datasources.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
JP1

Im having the same problem. When will this be fixed?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mrhodes can you Close&Apply to get out of query editor and then look under Recent Sources to see if that is available ?

No, i have tried to close and apply, tried exiting the desktop designer tool and going back in. I also uninstalled and reinstalled power bi desktop. no changes in the list. I am also on the current version of the tool as well.

@mrhodes

I reproduced your issue. The Direct Query connection to Azure SQL database can't be displayed in Recent Sources while other created connection are displayed properly. We will report this issue internally.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.