Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shahbaz1
Regular Visitor

Power BI Desktop Data Loading

Hi All, 

The data loading is too slow in Power BI. I have tested with different systems and different database. Even it is getting hell lot of time using excel data with some 8k records.

Please suggest me as I am new to Power BI.

Data Loading.PNG

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@shahbaz1,

Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.47.4766.801)? Please change the Data Category of your fields(State and City) to “State or Province” and “City”,  then check if data load faster in filled map.
1.PNG

If the issue still occurs, please share me your Excel file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply but still the same problem. 

I have changed state to "state or provinance". I am using the below mentioned version of Power BI. I have shared the excel file for your reference. Data loading is too slow when I click on either drill down or drill up specially drill up.

Excel file:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8mbqr774rjbet4/Superstore.xls?dl=0 

Power BI Version.PNG

Thanks 

@shahbaz1,

I change your Excel file from .xls to .xlsx, then use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.47.4766.801) to connect to the Excel file, create map as shown in your screenshot, data loading is fast when I click on drill up or drill down.

Please use lastest version of Power BI Desktop and change your Excel format.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.