Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop Conditional Formatting - Web URL using SSAS Tabular Cube Live Connection

Hi,

I am using Power BI Desktop version 2.80.5803.1061 (April 2020) and have a live connection to a SSAS Tabular Cube. I'm trying to use conditional formatting on a Column in a table as a web URL. I have set the URL field to Data Category = 'Uncategorized'.  I am however unable to select the field or any other field for that matter. Are there limitations to conditional formatting web URLs when connected Live? Am I missing a step?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

image001 (1).png

6 REPLIES 6
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, it works well. Would you please follow the steps in the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2aD0XvkUk?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I had actually initially tried this method but still couldn't get it to work. See comment below, looks like we're having trouble getting this to work with Live Connection to SSAS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't work if you connect your Power BI report to a model from SSAS, because you can't calculate first/last etc. I don't know any workaround for this yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm still on the lookout as well. I guess for the time being I can change it back to a web URL and use a URL icon.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please tell me if the link in your model is measure or column? When it is column, it works well based on my test.

Untitled picture3.png

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column, and it works when you are having a Power BI Data model, not when connecting to a tabular model with direct query

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.