Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sahildoshi
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Desktop : CSV Web File Parsing Issue

Hello All, I am new to Power BI and facing some issues while loading a CSV file located on web. When I try to load it, instaed of getting structured CSV data, I am getting the corresponding HTML code inside one single column. Please refer below snapshot. Rest all of the columns are empty. 

CSV Parsing Issue.PNG

I tried googling the issue but couldn't find any solution. 

Here is the code I have used while connecting to the csv file.

let Source = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("URL"), [Delimeter = "," Columns = 91, Encoding = 65001, QuoteStyle = QuoteStyle.None])

The weird part is, when one my colleague tries to load the same file with same code, she is getting proper structured CSV response as expected. I am using May 2020 version.

Also, I have also done -> Data Source Settings -> Change Source -> Open File As = CSV.

Please help me resolve this, I am stuck on it from past 2 days. @Greg_Deckler @amitchandak 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sahildoshi
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to finally achieve it by passing the authentication header while connecting to the web csv.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sahildoshi
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to finally achieve it by passing the authentication header while connecting to the web csv.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

If you let your colleagues share pbix with you, will such issue arise? If you upgrade PBI Desktop, will the problem still exist?Please try to see the result.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you compared the code from her import on her machine to yours in the advanced editor code of power query in yours?

other things that might affect is i think could be regional settings although that is a wild guess.  I would start with comparing what she is doign vs what you are doing.  Also compare regional settings under advanced regarding delimiters etc.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg thank you for your reply. I have copied my colleague's code only from advance editor. Recently, one of my other colleague was able to fetch data properly, but now she is also facing the same issue as me. The only change she did was upgraded to May 2020 version.

May 2020 or 2021?  that seems  like quite an old version of Power BI.  Best to have the latest which is July 2021 if you are able to update it yourself?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.