Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop: Blob Storage Data Not letting me select path

I am trying to Import data from Azure Blob Storage via Power Bi Desktop. The issue I am runnign into is that as soon as I enter our Blob Storage Credentials, it automatically starts loading the large sum of data, I recall that there is a naviagtor that lets you specify a particular path. Why does that not appear before uploading.

Thanks,

bdiouf

1 REPLY 1
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description, after you entering the Blob Storage Credentials, Power BI load the data automatically. Right?

Generally the Navigator will appear just after you connecting to Azure Blob Storage. And I have made some tests in my environment (Feb 2018 update). However I didn't encounter your issue. Please refer:

11.PNG

After entering the Access Keys, Power BI did not load data antomatically and the Navigator shown up. You can select your needed source here.

22.PNG

So in your scenario, what are the steps you connecting to blob storage and could you please share us some screenshots based on your issue if possible?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.