cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHob Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Data flow entities not visible in Power BI Desktop

Hi

I have setup Power BI data flows which connect to external MySQL tables. I have created 2 types of entities

• entities that connect to a table
  • and entities that connect to a table where I have removed columns and added some additional steps

All entities are successfully refreshing however in Power BI desktop I can only see the entities which I have made not adjustments to.  

Can anyone please assist

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PBFlash Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI Data flow entities not visible in Power BI Desktop

Another option I just saw is to change the date field to a text field in the dataflow. Then you can change it back to a date in desktop. A fix is supposed to be released by the end of the week. 

View solution in original post

ben-lehman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks PBFlash! I switched my Date fields to text and the issue fixed.

FYI, this started as soon as I edited some entities under a query. Even unrelated entities were affected (Ie. I didn't edit the query on those). Seems to be a problem that occurs when saving the query.

Whew!

5 REPLIES 5
HaakonWeel Visitor
Visitor

I see exactly the same. Have had dataflow running for a long time, but all of a sudden, SOME of the entities are not available in desktop. Also tried to reconnect to the dataflow. Some entities not visible in navigation.

In the power query editor i now get an error message: "Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table."

I can connect and see the dataflow itself, and some of the entities are showing and working perfectly.

As this has stopped all of our dashboards and reports I hope that someone can help.

PBFlash Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We had the same issue with some of our entities yesterday. We found that any entities that had date only fields were no longer visible in desktop and no longer accessible in existing reports. We fixed it by changing the fields to date/time in our databse and refreshing the dataflows. 

PBFlash Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Another option I just saw is to change the date field to a text field in the dataflow. Then you can change it back to a date in desktop. A fix is supposed to be released by the end of the week. 

ben-lehman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks PBFlash! I switched my Date fields to text and the issue fixed.

FYI, this started as soon as I edited some entities under a query. Even unrelated entities were affected (Ie. I didn't edit the query on those). Seems to be a problem that occurs when saving the query.

Whew!

Highlighted
JHob Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wonderful!!! Thank so much everyone. I was starting to go mad and had redone all my data flows!

Changing to date time worked for me. 

Agreed this only happened after editing a query and all entities with date fields were affected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)