Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JHob
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Data flow entities not visible in Power BI Desktop

Hi

I have setup Power BI data flows which connect to external MySQL tables. I have created 2 types of entities

• entities that connect to a table
  • and entities that connect to a table where I have removed columns and added some additional steps

All entities are successfully refreshing however in Power BI desktop I can only see the entities which I have made not adjustments to.  

Can anyone please assist

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Another option I just saw is to change the date field to a text field in the dataflow. Then you can change it back to a date in desktop. A fix is supposed to be released by the end of the week. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks PBFlash! I switched my Date fields to text and the issue fixed.

FYI, this started as soon as I edited some entities under a query. Even unrelated entities were affected (Ie. I didn't edit the query on those). Seems to be a problem that occurs when saving the query.

Whew!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
alxdean
Advocate V
Advocate V

Shocked that this has not been fixed yet. had to convert all my dates to text for the Entitites to appear in PBI Desktop

ihebc
Frequent Visitor

Same problem but i don't have any date column

HaakonWeel
Regular Visitor

I see exactly the same. Have had dataflow running for a long time, but all of a sudden, SOME of the entities are not available in desktop. Also tried to reconnect to the dataflow. Some entities not visible in navigation.

In the power query editor i now get an error message: "Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table."

I can connect and see the dataflow itself, and some of the entities are showing and working perfectly.

As this has stopped all of our dashboards and reports I hope that someone can help.

We had the same issue with some of our entities yesterday. We found that any entities that had date only fields were no longer visible in desktop and no longer accessible in existing reports. We fixed it by changing the fields to date/time in our databse and refreshing the dataflows. 

Another option I just saw is to change the date field to a text field in the dataflow. Then you can change it back to a date in desktop. A fix is supposed to be released by the end of the week. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks PBFlash! I switched my Date fields to text and the issue fixed.

FYI, this started as soon as I edited some entities under a query. Even unrelated entities were affected (Ie. I didn't edit the query on those). Seems to be a problem that occurs when saving the query.

Whew!

Wonderful!!! Thank so much everyone. I was starting to go mad and had redone all my data flows!

Changing to date time worked for me. 

Agreed this only happened after editing a query and all entities with date fields were affected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.