Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mikep7521
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Data Shaping

Hello,

I'm havnig an issue creating a metric in Power Bi. Im trying to capture when two fields are blank and the Est. Close date was in 2017. I tried to accomplish this by creating a new column, my current formula is:

2017 Total # of Processed Files = COUNTBLANK(Installment[Pool__c]) & COUNTBLANK(Installment[Portfolio__c]) & Installment[Est_Close_Date__c].[Date] < DATE(2018,1,1)

What am I doing wrong here? Should I be using a different tool than creating a column?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mikep7521

since teher is no sample data/ expected result is given, am making a best guess and something like this may help you.

2017 Total # of Processed Files = CALCULATE( COUNTROWS(Installment) , FILTER (Installment, ISBLANK(Installment[Pool__c]) && ISBLANK(Installment[Portfolio__c]) && RELATED (Installment[Est_Close_Date__c].[Date]) < DATE(2018,1,1)

Thanks
Raj

There is sample data in the comment above

Hello,

I have tried posting the sample data and expected result but it keeps getting flagged as spam and is removed from the feed for some reason.

I'm now recieving the below error using the formula you suggested:

The column 'Installment[Est_Close_Date__c].[Date]' either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context.

There is a field for Est. Close Date but not a column. Do I need to create a column?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by field? The assumption is all elements you have used in the formula's are existing as columns in your table.

Thanks

Raj

As in a Salesforce field. I'm pulling my data from a Salesforce org.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mikep7521it will be great help to provide the solution if you can share sample data and also expected result.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Capture Power BI.PNG

I'm trying to replicate this chart in Power Bi. The data is being pulled from our company's Salesforce org.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.