cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power BI Dashboard on full screen with auto refresh

I have power BI Dashboard on full screen on office TV, i'm using chrome with it's auto refresh on.  The problem is after every time Chrome refresh itself, it's back to brower model no longer full screen.   any solution? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Power BI Dashboard on full screen with auto refresh

@ivyhai

I reproduced this issue. When using auto refresh on Chrome, it will exit the full screen mode of your dashboard. I suggest you consult the developer of "auto refresh" to avoid this behavior.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The best we could do with this exact issue is switch to Firefox. It's not perfect as there is a window title bar you can't hide but it's better than chrome.

I used the Hide Navigation Bar, Hide Toolbar and you may need HideScrollbars as well. Combine this with Tab Auto Reload and it works. All be it with a small Firefox window header. It's the best we can do for the time being without paying a fortune for dedicated screen display software.

FirefoxFix.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying Chrome does the auto refresh (i.e. reloads the URL), or the Power BI Dataset refresh?

If you are using a Dashboard, rather than a Report, then you do not need the browser to auto refresh.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi, i'm using the 'dashboard' with chrome able to auto refresh.  but the problem is everytime after chrome auto refresh the browser exsit the full screen.  

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn off Chrome auto refresh then.

Alternatively, if you are using Windows 8+ you could use the Power BI Windows App instead.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

In the URL for the Power BI dashboard add the switch ?chromeless=1 to the end of the URL. This will force the dashboard to full screen.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Daveed1973 i've tried that, but after the refresh still got the url at the top and task bar at the bottom. 

thanks

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

would be interesting to see how this get resolved?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@ivyhai

I reproduced this issue. When using auto refresh on Chrome, it will exit the full screen mode of your dashboard. I suggest you consult the developer of "auto refresh" to avoid this behavior.

Regards,

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

So is there no current Msft/Power BI supported solution that will refresh the data on a report/dashboard while viewing it on a browser in Full Screen mode?

How do existing clients that use TVs to display dashboards in their office go about refreshing the data that's being displayed?

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this issue.  We have 4 tvs setup next two each other.  2 tvs are running on 1 PC and 2 tvs are on another tv.  Because of the configuration, I cannont use the Dashboard Rotator to manage the jobs, as this application can only have one instance running at a time.  So, I have one browser loaded on the each screen and my "Live Pin" on the Dashboard displayed in Full Screen Mode.  The presentation looks good...however the data won't auto refresh due to being in Full Screen Mode.  Any assistance on this would be appreicated!  I have more dashboards being prepared that will be displayed throughout my company and I will continue to run into this problem if it isn't resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors