Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DiePic
Resolver II
Resolver II

Power BI + D365s

Hi all

I've just discover the app connector "Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 Sales", for use as dahboard in D365s.
Is there any possibility to save the standard file locally for power bi desktop, to manipulate it if necessary and to save my changes or additions?

Thanks for any idea or suggestion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The process for developing models/reports is similar to how we do it for any other data sources. The main difference is how we connect to D365. You might have to work with your D365 team. Here is a tutorial, it is old but still relevant. You will be connecting to D365 using OData.

https://us.hso.com/blog/how-to-connect-power-bi-to-microsoft-dynamics-crm-online/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

For some data sets, I was able to download and make adjustments but not for others. I think this is an old model and doesn't support downloading the PBIX file. I just tried it. Here is my honest suggestion to you - try building your own model. All the entities used in the Microsoft model are standard/out of the box entities and (for me personally), the time it took to make edits and so on was simply not worth the effort.

Below is what is included in the app. As you can guess, it won't take much time to build a model using the entities below.

Shahfaisal_1-1666269264242.png

Hi @Shahfaisal 

thanks for reply.

Can you suggest me a tutorial on how to create my own power bi dashboard for D365s?
I started using it yesterday and I need a lot of information about it.
Thanks for your help

The process for developing models/reports is similar to how we do it for any other data sources. The main difference is how we connect to D365. You might have to work with your D365 team. Here is a tutorial, it is old but still relevant. You will be connecting to D365 using OData.

https://us.hso.com/blog/how-to-connect-power-bi-to-microsoft-dynamics-crm-online/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.