Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Crashing Often - Version: 2.54.4970.761 64-bit (January, 2018)

Hello!  Is anyone else experiencing frequent crashes with the January 2018 update?  Often when I go to save my pbix files I will get a DOS box pop up and then the program will crash.  These crashes are also requiring me to reconnect to my Office 365 account each time.  This has only begun occuring with the latest updated.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any word on whether this is on the horizon to be addressed with an upcoming update?  This item will be two months old soon and my desktop PBI seems to be crashing more that ever.  I had three crashes just today thus far!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this issue will be fixed in March update. The temporary fix for publishing is to sign out on the top right corner of Power BI desktop and sign back in before publishing

RegalPeter
Frequent Visitor

I have also experienced several instances of Power BI refusing to save a file, giving an access denied message. In fact got one now that I can't cure.Version: 2.54.4970.961 64-bit (January 2018)

I've rebooted my PC again and it has now let me save the pbix file (after I had recovered it)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also agree with smoupre I used to see a SQL dump once a week or so now it feels like 2-3 times a day. Also previously it was almost always when editing the data model whereas now it has occoured in other things such as publishing

trevor
Helper I
Helper I

Happening regularly - on save, publish and in connecting tables.  Any word on a fix?

I have also experienced several instances of Power BI refusing to save a file, giving an access denied message - might be related.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No word yet, although I have only had one crash thus far this week.  I agree with @Greg_Deckler that it appears to be the SQLDUMPER where the crash occurs.  Hopefully it will be fixed with the February update. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I have definitely noticed more crashing SQLDUMP issues in the last 2 releases.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.