Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bijanargo
Regular Visitor

Power BI Crashes randomly - shows black command window running "SQLDumper" and then closes power BI

This has started to happen only recently, maybe the last few weeks, or even just since the last update; I've been working with power BI for five months now and its definitely a relatively new issue.

Basically, at random points in time a black window appears for a very brief moment in time and then power BI closes. This can be particular frustrating when one is executing a clear task without saving for an hour or so, but in other cases - like right now - it just keeps repeating at short notice.

The biggest problem is, it doesn't follow a certain action. I'm not doing anything novel, and although its happening within a minute or two of starting a new project at the moment, it's never happening after doing some specific action. It's really weird.

Also, the only thing that I notices from the black window was that is says "SQLDumper" in the title.

Please fix this ridiculous bug, it's almost as if this product was launched before it was ready...

3 REPLIES 3
bijanargo
Regular Visitor

Just to note it, the last release did not fix it and it clearly has nothing to do with relationships. At least not as immediate cause and effect.

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There's a post on this that is top of the heavily kudoed post list that was bumped literally minutes before you posted this, I'd try reading through that

Thanks - I had already seen it, but it's not quite the same problem as my issue is not related to creating relationships at all. Sometimes it crashes while editing query data or creating report pages. Also, it's been a while that I created an invalid relationship.

But maybe it really is the same underlying issue, in which case I hope the next update does bring relief. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.