Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

harshaSampath81
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Content Pack Sharing issue

Hi,

I want to share ( I am the Admin user) some of the report to other user through the content pack(if use app same issue happend), as follow.

Capture.JPG

But After login as a user ( charaka is the user ) and download the content pack. and tried to use report it show as following

Capture5.JPG

show report values are not show. so after that I login to admin portal and add this user to my application group as following

Capture4.JPG

Capture3.JPG

now I Login as charaka user and check agin now my content pack value showed properly but now my other issue is why this user can access my application as admin , he can see all the reports as my admin application and he can delete data set and he can schedule and set row level security as follow

Capture2.JPG

So please if used App without using content pack same thing happend,

Please any one can help me to fix this issue, is there any way to share content pack ( give permission only view) or without using my all the report? how to share relevent reports to other users and restrict some report 

Thank you Harsha

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Harsha,

Did you solve this issue? Could you please share the solution or mark an answer as solution?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Yes, I found the reason, I have create some Mange Role So after publishing, I forgot to give permission to this manger role under Raw leve security.

after Given permission to particular users , this was solved.

thank for your answer as well

Harsha.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshaSampath81,

The most possible cause is the licenses. This user has a Pro and free licenses at the same time. Please delete the free licenses and try again. It works fine in my test.

BTW, what are the error messages? (clicking the See details)

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.