Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Collage by Cloudscope Visual not working. Help.

Hi Community, 

I am new to PowerBI. I am trying to use the Collage by Cloudscope visual. I am getting a set of grey square boxes (pic attached below). I am attempting to load three excel columns which contain embed image links generated from OneDrive.

I have tried the below listed methods:

a) Hosted Images on OneDrive, used the share link URL in Excel - not working

b) Created an embed link on OneDrive and used the link in Excel - not working

c) Inserted HTML tags in the embed links generated by OneDrive - not working

d) For all the steps listed above, I have changed data category to Image URL. 

It is important for me to display the images in a collage. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks

PowerBi.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Community Members, 

Sorry about the Spam. I did find a solution. The 'Collage by CloudScope' visual only accepts one column containing image URL links. I was trying to load multiple columns containing the image URL links because the data well read "Post Fields". 

When I loaded only one column with multiple Image URLs generated from OneDrive, the images shows up in a three column design just like advertisied  (Screenshot below). 

If anyone has an alternate solution, kindly do share. Thanks

SolutionSolution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

It seems like you are working with a third party custom visual which not has any sample of official document told how to use it.
I'd like to suggest you to contact to author team for better support.

Collage by CloudScope

In addition, normal image url who used in power bi visuals, current it not support links with redirect or other methods. Please use source path(which can direct located to image file) to instead.

For above custom visuals, it might only support images in datasource which they specified.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Tuesday Xiaoxin Sheng !!! 

Firstly I would like to apologize for the delay in my response to your post.  I did contact the Cloudscope support team. Chris from the support team had asked me to check if the Image URL links were working. 

I have found a solution. Will be posting it in this thread. 

Thanks for getting for taking a look at this issue, i really appreciate it. 

Regards,

Akshath

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Community Members, 

Sorry about the Spam. I did find a solution. The 'Collage by CloudScope' visual only accepts one column containing image URL links. I was trying to load multiple columns containing the image URL links because the data well read "Post Fields". 

When I loaded only one column with multiple Image URLs generated from OneDrive, the images shows up in a three column design just like advertisied  (Screenshot below). 

If anyone has an alternate solution, kindly do share. Thanks

SolutionSolution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.