Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

duncanwil
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Cannot find a Column in a Replacement File

Using four .csv files, I created a From File From Folder model in PBI Desktop and it worked as expected.

Then I realised one of the files contained the wrong day's data so I simply updated the file in the source folder, as I have done so many times before. When I refreshed the Query, however, PBI told me it could not find the Timestamp column (see below) in the files: in fact, it was in the .csv files and it was the only column I removed from my PBI model.

I clicked to look at the error and tried to tweak the M code to ask PBI not to look for the Timestamp column; but then it told me there was another column it could not find! I checked the source files but could see nothing wrong with the replacement file.

My original columns and what I did to them is as follows:

Timestamp ... removed

UTC ... split into two columns, Date and Time

Callsign ... left alone

Position ... split into two, Latitude and Longitude

Altitude ... left alone

Speed ... left alone

Direction ... left alone

Because of this, I had to start from scratch and I am sure I shouldn't need to do that!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your assistance. I did carry out a search on my problem before i posted my own question but found nothing, so your help really is valuable for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @duncanwil 

There are similar threads which describe the same issue as yours, and there are some workarounds mentioned there. Could you go to check if it helps?Smiley Happy

Expression.Error: The column '<ColumnTitle>' of the table wasn't found

Expression.Error for Column in Table

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your assistance. I did carry out a search on my problem before i posted my own question but found nothing, so your help really is valuable for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.