Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI - Can I create a splash screen that will filter which report to show (see post for info)

Hi,

I would like to produce the following but require some guidance on how to do it.
I have a number of reports, these being:

1) An single, Overall Company report. This report will contain all Divisions (North, South West, South East). The data is aggregated at the Division level.
2) A Division report. This is a level below the Overall Company report and will contain the regions for each Division. For example, The Division report for 'North' will show the regions for Scotland, North East, North West, and Midlands. (a further example, the South West report will contain Wales, South, and London).

I can control the data to show in these reports by using Row Level Security (RLS), however I would like a way for the initial screen to show a list of check boxes, one check box for each report that user is allowed to view, so when the user clicks the check box that appears in the same screen (but to the right), at bit like the below drawing:

Mockup.jpg

So as you can see this user has the authority to view the Overall Company, North, and South East reports. The user chose North so that is the report that appeared to the right on the same screen.

So I feel there are, at least, two questions here:

1) How do I produce a check box list dynamically shows the reports the user is allowed to view?
2) How do I show that report based on which check box the user clicked?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can use bookmarks to achieve all this and based on your selection you can show respective bookmark page.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can use bookmarks to achieve all this and based on your selection you can show respective bookmark page.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.