Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Radsol

Power BI Automater 2000

Hey All,

I came up with this pretty neat DotNet application that allows you to have Power BI in a "full screen" mode with automated data refresh using nothing more than Power BI Desktop. I use this mainly to display dashboards on TVs with on premise SQL data. 

Only drawback is you have slightly less screen space to work with.

Link here:
BIAutomater2000 Dropbox

You start by loading your dashboard in Power BI. Next you right click on the refresh button in the ribbon and add it to the quick access bar. Then set the page view to "Fit to Width" and colapse the ribbon and side menus. Make sure your windows task bar is set to auto hide.

Launch my exe BIAutomater2000.exe. There are many options to set but it should be defaulted to work out of the box. Set your interval in minutes, choose the background color of your dashboard, test the location of where your refresh button is in the quick launch bar and change the x/y coordinates if necessary. You can change the bar sizes I display to cover Power BI's UI or hide them all together to still see the interface. One you are ready maximize Power BI and press the Start button in my app, to quit the app just click anywhere in the colored bars, if you hide these you will have to end task in task manager.

Hope this is a good place to post this, let me know what you think.

~Rick

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.