Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BmoreRavens

Power BI Admin and Sharing Workspaces

I'm a tenant/global and PowerBI admin.  Why can't I share workspaces from a former employee to another?  I know there are ways around this but I need to know how to complete in the future for various situations.  Per documentation, I should be able to but I do not have the option.  Thanks

BmoreRavens_0-1638479152605.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BmoreRavens 

Please ensure that you are already the Admin of that workspace. If not, you need to ask the admin of that workspace to add you as Admin first, or upgrade your role to Admin

(1) add you as Admin

vxiaotang_2-1638848007166.png

(2) upgrad your role to Admin

vxiaotang_3-1638848090164.png

After you are the admin of that workspace, you can share the workspace with others and authorize them to the workspace. To grant access to a new workspace, assign those user groups or individuals to one of the workspace roles: Admin, Member, Contributor, or Viewer. Here's how to Give users access to the new workspaces.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BmoreRavens 

Please ensure that you are already the Admin of that workspace. If not, you need to ask the admin of that workspace to add you as Admin first, or upgrade your role to Admin

(1) add you as Admin

vxiaotang_2-1638848007166.png

(2) upgrad your role to Admin

vxiaotang_3-1638848090164.png

After you are the admin of that workspace, you can share the workspace with others and authorize them to the workspace. To grant access to a new workspace, assign those user groups or individuals to one of the workspace roles: Admin, Member, Contributor, or Viewer. Here's how to Give users access to the new workspaces.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BmoreRavens , Check, can you make yourself admin of workspace? and then try.

Hi @amitchandak I don't see where I can do that?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.