Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerbihelp87
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Add timestamp for webdata and append data

My source is a Web URL.  It is updated twice a day with data (historical data is not available, its new data everyday)

Basically what I am looking to do is schedule a Power BI refresh twice a day.  Each time I refresh and new data is added I wanted the a column indicating the date and time. Then later in the data for the second refresh the new data is appended to the first refresh and also indicates the date/time it is added in Power bi

The weblink is only reporting new data but my query in Power BI will be growing and indicating the date/time rows were added in powerbi.  I am not sure if this is possible in PowerBI without other tools!

3 REPLIES 3
Robbief
Helper II
Helper II

I'm just resurfacing this one - as I too have the same question.  You'll need to forgive me, as I'm not that good with Power Query, but I would assume you could perhaps do the following logically:

If anyone with knowledge could comment on the approach in general.....

Timestamp Table - Create a very large table (More rows than to expect from the call) with todays date / time

Landed Data Table - Do the Web Call to a new table

Merge / Append the "TimeStamp" Table, to the "Landed Call Table

Trim the resultant Merged Landed Table

Merge / Append to existing table.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbihelp87 ,

I think it's possible to show you the last refresh time in power bi , please kindly refer: 

Show it in the tile: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Automatically-adding-date-for-last-refresh-of-data/td-p/751...

Show it using query editor: https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2016/06/08/display-last-refreshed-date-in-power-bi/

But based on research, it's not accessible to indicate the data added.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Thank you for responding! I have been searching and do not see a way to add when each specific row was added into Power BI. 

I know there is a way to show the most recent date but the user is looking to spot what time each row is added.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.