Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

flaminginfinity
Regular Visitor

Power BI APP Development Checklist

I am developing a design, development and deployment checklist for a Power BI app that we are creating at our organisation.

I have been looking for any checklists that I could use to make sure that all the 'i's are dotted and all the 't's are crossed.

I have done an exhaustive search but most of the checklist are for software development which are highly detailed.

Any links that you might know of would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phillip Monk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @flaminginfinity,

I think below link will suitable for your requirement:

Register an Application for Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @flaminginfinity,

Which type of development document your needed? Can you please explain more details?

If you mean power bi embedded, you can take a look at follow link:

Power BI Embedded Documentation

3 ways to embed Power BI

Power bi App:

Create and publish apps with dashboards and reports in Power BI

Template content packs:

Author template content packs in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for you response, the link are useful but what I am specifically trying to achieve is a checklist of steps/considerations to follow when developing a Power BI APP not Power BI embedded. 

I have found software development processes but they are too detailed for developing a Power BI APP e.g (http://www.construx.com/Design_Checklists/).

Although a development checklist for developing an application with Power BI embedded would probably have the same elements.  What I am seeking is closer to a software development process and could incorporate the following stages:

Phase 1 - Requirements

Phase 2 - Analysis

Phase 3 - Prototyping/Design

Phase 4 - Development

Phase 5 - Delivery/Area

The checklist or list of considerations would cover such things as questions to ask during requirements, optimising data structre for Q&A optimisation etc.

Any help you can provide would be appeciated.

Thanks

Phillip

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Philip were you eventually able to create a checklist for your requirements? I am creating something similar in my organization and would be great to know how did you go about creating one.

HI @flaminginfinity,

I think below link will suitable for your requirement:

Register an Application for Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.