Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI 2022 stuck on splash screen

I recently downloaded and installed  Power BI 2022 version. It installed successfully without any error or warning but it does not start when I launched it. It got stuck on the splash screen. I even left it for 24 hours hoping it would eventually load but it still displayed the splash screen only. I have uninstalled and reinstall but only the splash screen is displayed and nothing more. I have a core i7 windows 10 machine with 16GB RAM so I believe resources are not the issue.

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
JohanV
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue - my PowerBI desktop installation worked fine last week and now I doesn't load - just stuck on the Splash screen with no error message - Have re downloaded and re-installed but same issue still. Most frustrating so welcome any suggestions on a solution. 

stereoshah

Hi @Anonymous . Were you able to resolve this issue?

If so can you share what you did?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak I installed July 2022 update but the issue stayed, only the splash screen is displayed. I also try June 2022 update but no luck still.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this problem solved now?  If not, could you please provide more details?  A screenshoot about the error. How did you get the Power BI Desktop app? 

In addition ,we recommend you to download Power BI Desktop from the official web page instead of Microsoft Store cause that the store version would be a beta version not a public version which could cause some issues sometimes.

Please choose the corresponding bit version of Power BI Desktop and note the minimum requirement for it:

• Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2, or later
  • .NET 4.6.2 or later
  • Internet Explorer 11 or later
  • Memory (RAM): At least 2 GB available, 4 GB or more recommended.
  • Display: At least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) required. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 aren't supported, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions.
  • Windows display settings: If you set your display settings to change the size of text, apps, and other items to more than 100%, you may not be able to see certain dialogs that you must interact with to continue using Power BI Desktop. If you encounter this issue, check your display settings in Windows by going to Settings > System > Display, and use the slider to return display settings to 100%.
  • CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor or better recommended.

If I have misunderstood you meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same problem for me,
when a launch Power BI Desktop I get a freezed splash screen.

Sometime, I don't why, after 10 minutes or more after the splash screen, all goes right and the IDE start as expectd, sometime this happened after the remote desktop session is timeout.

The server machine is in an internet isolated environment as for enterprise policy.

The server is on a VMWare virtual machine riched via Remote Desktop:

• Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, 64-bit Operatin System, x64-based processor
  • .Net Framework 4.8.03761
  • Browser: Microsoft Edge 109.0.1518.78 (64-bit), enterprise edition.
  • Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime version: 109.0.1518.78
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • Display resolution: 1920x1080
  • No display customization settings
  • Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20GHz (6 processor)
  • Power BI Desktop x64 (January 2023), ver 2.112.1421.0
  • Power BI Report Server Ver. 15.0.1111.115
  • Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint Protection (ver 14.3.558.0000)

I've used the suggested workaround about WebView2 problems adding a variable to local user:

WEBVIEW2_ADDITIONAL_BROWSER_ARGUMENTS --disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity

but notthing to do!

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, the issue has not been resolved. I got the app from Microsoft store and my machine met all requirements.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.