Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI 10,000 rows limit (Question)

Can someone please explain exactly how the 10,000 row limit works for the FREE version ?

I load Excel files with over 100,000 rows of data into Power BI Desktop and then publish the models with no issues. My reports work immediately on powerbi.com and my charts look fine. They are not missing any data.

What am I misunderstanding ? Will this limit only affect viewers of my reports ?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fbrossard
Advocate V
Advocate V

@djnww,

The 10 000 rows/hour limit only applies when you want to refresh dataset in real time by using Azure Stream Analytics or PBI Rest API.
You do not have this limitation when using scheduled refresh. However with the freemium version you can not have more then 5 refresh a day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fbrossard
Advocate V
Advocate V

@djnww,

The 10 000 rows/hour limit only applies when you want to refresh dataset in real time by using Azure Stream Analytics or PBI Rest API.
You do not have this limitation when using scheduled refresh. However with the freemium version you can not have more then 5 refresh a day.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @fbrossard

I only refresh data manually or via onedrive (ie. clicking on 'Publish' in Power Bi Desktop), which is why I have never run into the limit before.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.