Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eureka
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate export 1000 rows only

Hello,

I'm usign the new Power Automate visual, to export my data to csv file and store in Sharepoint.

The probleme is  that this is exporting only the 1000 first rows. Do you know if  there is a solution to bypass this limitation?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Eureka 

It should not be affected by the configuration in Power BI. For an import mode report, the maximum number of rows that can be exported from the Service to a .CSV file is 30,000. It is very likely to be affected by the Power Automate. Have you ever tried to skip the creation of the intermediate CSV file and create the file directly in SharePoint? Or save the file to other file types such as worksheet?

You can also post your problem in Power Automate Community to make sure whether there are some limitations on this feature. If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known and please tell me some details of the Actions used in your screenshot.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1619770837384.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Anyone who has got the solution for this problem, please share your ideas.

Doubt there is solution. Hopefully they would increase in any future release. We made counter of rows that will be sent and informed users to send up to 999.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Natively Power BI has fixed 1000 records, what worked for me is, from the automate execute the query to the flow with the filters that come from Power BI.

ajaffeeattmz
Frequent Visitor

Was this ever solved?  I am having the same issue where I can export only 1,000 rows using the Power Automate Button in PBI.  

stchln
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

Any update on the limitation? I understood the limitation is coming from the "Power Automate" visual in Power BI. Is there a plan to get rid of this limitation or a workaround?

As a workaround, I have added an Index column in my table so that I can have several Power Automate visual cutting the export but such workaround is acceptable only if we have ~2000/3000 rows (one of my cases) but I have a table with ~35000 rows and here this is not acceptable to cut into 35 visuals...

Edgars

Issue is with data already comming from PowerBI to Flow. If you check the raw outputs of very first step of "On Power BI button clicked", JSON contains only 1000 data records.
I have same issue as well, however, there seems not to be any setting that can be triggered to increase row count neither on PowerBI, neither on PowerAutomate.

chiru5262
Helper III
Helper III

@amitchandak  HI Mate can you help us with the above query, is there a solution where we can export more than1000 rows using  Power Automate export.

Appreciate your help.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eureka 

Did you create a flow in Power Automate to export the data of a Power BI visual? Can you tell me which flow you are using?

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Hello Caiyun,

Here is the flow I am using. Unfortunately it is extracting only 1000 rows.

Eureka_0-1619763063456.png

Hi @Eureka 

It should not be affected by the configuration in Power BI. For an import mode report, the maximum number of rows that can be exported from the Service to a .CSV file is 30,000. It is very likely to be affected by the Power Automate. Have you ever tried to skip the creation of the intermediate CSV file and create the file directly in SharePoint? Or save the file to other file types such as worksheet?

You can also post your problem in Power Automate Community to make sure whether there are some limitations on this feature. If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known and please tell me some details of the Actions used in your screenshot.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1619770837384.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Yes but it is not solving the problem

During the Power Automate wizard I chose to create a CSV file in Sharepoint.  It was also limited to 1000 rows.  I don't see how this is solved?

@Eureka can you please let me know what exactly you did to solve it.

the 1000 limit appears to be a limitation on the power automate visual.  A workaround would be to just use the Export Data feature from a table visual with the same fields.  Or, you can always make a paginated report from the same dataset, subscribe to it, and then use a flow to take the csv from that email, parse it, and do what you need with it.

Hello, unfortunately my problem is still not solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.