Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bjorneev
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Environment / Power BI

When importing the Power Automate for Power BI visual I only get flows, or can create flows, in the default power automate environment. Is it possible to get flows from a non-default environment using this visual?

25 REPLIES 25
QSim282
Employee
Employee

I have this issue as well. We have many flows in a specific Power Platform enviornment. The connector visual in Power BI seemingly has no way to change the enviorment it is looking at. This prevents us from using any of the Flows in those enviornments.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bjorneev 

What is a non-default environment that mentioned by you ?

In the edit mode of the visual, you can select an existing flow to be applied to the button, or create a new flow to be applied to the button. You can start from scratch, or you can start from a built-in template as an example. To start from scratch, select New>Instant Cloud Stream .

Ailsamsft_0-1631511782954.png

Detail operations can refer to the link below .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-automate-visual

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This post explains the current situation but does not address this thread topic. We have restrictions in place on connectors within the default envionment, preventing users from creating unauthorised Flows, therefore have created new environments for Software to use for UAT and Production with less restrictions (allowing use of connectors that cannot be used by regular users).

Creating in a default environment does not allow use of any blocked connectors and we have less oversight of active solutions with some having to reside in default and others in Production. This is not an enterprise solution and we will therefore be looking at alternative software until this is addressed.

But what if I already have a flow created in a different environment in power automate ?

You can create/edit flows yes, but you cannot choose which environment you are creating/retrieving your flows from as far as I can tell. For example, we have three Power Platform environments available. But in Power BI only flows from one of the environments (the default, or first one created) shows up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.