Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaelsh
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Power Apps visual license

I want to embed Power App visual inside Power BI report.

My users have Power BI Pro licenses, do they also need to purchase Power App licenses?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelsh 

Power Apps and Power BI are two different products. If they are integrated, the product license is required. You must have the basic license of the Power Apps, such as per user or per app .

You can refer to the link to see how to purchase the Power Apps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/signup-for-powerapps-admin

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelsh 

Power Apps and Power BI are two different products. If they are integrated, the product license is required. You must have the basic license of the Power Apps, such as per user or per app .

You can refer to the link to see how to purchase the Power Apps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/signup-for-powerapps-admin

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@michaelsh , I think yes, as you need to create a power app, for that you need a power app license

And what about my users? Do all of them also need separate licenses?

Hi !

You need a Power Apps license(per user per app) and a Power BI pro License for each user, so effectively $10(app)+$10(pro) per user to run Power App Visual in Power BI. If there are multiple apps then you would need to pay $10 for each again or $40 for each user for multiple apps at once. also the access has to be given seperately for each app to each user.

There is Office 365 license with E2 onwards with Power Apps but since you are using a pro I gues that is not being used by your org.

Thanks, but I am not sure this is correct.

I remember seeing that is an App uses Microsoft 365 sources only - there is no need for a license.

Is it true?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.