Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nagaraj
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power Apps sign in issue

Hi, I have a Power Apps visual in the report and its working fine in both Desktop and Service. This report is got embedded in Dot Net application (Apps Owns Data Model). When the report is browsed in the application Power Apps Visual is asking for SIGN IN. Not sure if I am not doing it correctly. Please suggest Regards Nagaraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

That is expected behavior because Power App run on top of Power platform when you embed it outside the platform it certainly asks for sign-in, I don't see any surprise if that ask on every time. Power App in SharePoint Online with the same tenant will work smoothly because it shares the same license and credentials.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

That is expected behavior because Power App run on top of Power platform when you embed it outside the platform it certainly asks for sign-in, I don't see any surprise if that ask on every time. Power App in SharePoint Online with the same tenant will work smoothly because it shares the same license and credentials.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Ok, thanks for the update

Hi @nagaraj,

There are some limitations with the Power Apps visual. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual#limitations-of-...

I assume that depending on the authentication method or the use of the power apps visual is not possible.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi @mwegener , @amitchandak 

Thanks for your suggestions, looks like with App Owns data model the app requires additional sign in from users for power apps visual. Not sure any work around exists for this scenario

Hi @nagaraj ,

this is a power app behavior.

I currently believe that no Power App can be run without organizational authentication.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Power-Apps-for-External-Customers/td-p/14910...

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nagaraj , if you have a power app visual/plugin. It takes a separate login as far as I know.

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks your input, so any suggestions to resolve this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.