Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

I_Like_Power_BI
Helper II
Helper II

Power Apps for Power BI: No Environments Showing

Typically, when you use the Power Apps visual, it defaults to your organization's environment and it presents a drop down to choose another environment if needed.

For the past few days, that drop down has been showing up as blank for me and my co-workers.  When you click the drop down, no options appear.  When you click "Choose App" it can't find any.

The good news is that my existing apps still work and I can still create a new app.

I need to choose an existing app, though.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
I_Like_Power_BI
Helper II
Helper II

Someone at Microsoft must have seen the issue; it seems to have resolved itself.  I believe it was a service issue on their side.

Thanks All!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
I_Like_Power_BI
Helper II
Helper II

Someone at Microsoft must have seen the issue; it seems to have resolved itself.  I believe it was a service issue on their side.

Thanks All!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing the same issue as well. 

PowerBi PowerApps.PNG

JordanImran
Frequent Visitor

Same issue for us - has come at a critically bad time as well!

Am going to raise with MSFT

I_Like_Power_BI
Helper II
Helper II

In case it helps, here are two screenshots of what I'm seeing.  Notice the blank dropdown in the first screen.  The second screen appears when I click Choose App.

NoEnvs1.JPG

NoEnvs2.JPG

Hi  @I_Like_Power_BI ,

Have you set the data fields associated with power apps?

Below is the reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Yes - the Environments drop down, the Choose App button, and the Create New button won't appear until you do that.

Screen shot attached.  Notice the field is in and the drop down is still blank.

Also, it seems like everyone has this issue.  I've also tried to sign out/sign back in, restart, etc.  Nothing seems to fix the issue.PA4PBI.JPG

Hi  @I_Like_Power_BI ,

So sorry that I dont have an account to reproduce your senario,would you pls create a thread in power apps forum via below link:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/PA_Comm_Forums

If possible,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@v-kelly-msft this is not a Power Apps issue.  Power Apps works just fine when accessed directly.  This is an issue only when using the Power Apps for Power BI visual.

That said, I believe this is the correct place for the thread, no?

the environment is clearly visible in PowerApps. The issue is that you can't add  any new PowerApps  to PowerBi.

I have the exact same issue and I have added several Powerapps before to PowerBi.

Hopefully someone in Microsoft can assist.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.