Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaythehumanbean
Frequent Visitor

Power App Visual Strange Issue/Bug...Data not showing up in PowerApp

Hi all,

I am trying to create a basic app so that when a record is clicked in a visualization the corresponding record shows up in a power app. I've included the PowerApp visualization and everything works as expected for most records. However, when I click certain records in the visualization the corresponding record does not showup in the power app. (See below).

I am unsure if this expected behavior. The only limitation that might be related to this issue is 

• The maximum number of records that can be passed from Power BI to Power Apps visual using "PowerBIIntegration" object is limited to 1000."

And although I have more than 1000 records in the source table I am only trying to pass one record at a time to the PowerApp. This works for many of the records but some just show up blank. I'm unsure how to debug to see what PowerApps is seeing. Any clues?

Fixed: I realize that this only happens within the desktop PowerBI application. Once I publish to PBI Server it works as expected.

Expected BehaviorExpected BehaviorExpected BehaviorExpected BehaviorNot Expected BehaviorNot Expected Behavior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use less than 1000 records for testing and see if you can reproduce the error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use less than 1000 records for testing and see if you can reproduce the error.

Hi lbendlin,

I have just finished trying with greater than and less than 1000 records and both work flawlessly. Not sure what's different with this visualization.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.